Above: Howard Brush circa 1900. Below: Howard Brush today.
Card Clothing is absolutely indispensable in carding textile fibres for the spinning process, which in turn enables the production of yarn
for all the limitless varieties of fibres. We use a hardened and highly tempered steel wire that is remarkable for its longevity & uniformity.
The wire must have a foundation, as it is the backbone of Card Clothing. One of our earliest endeavors was to specialize in our own foundation. Each ply of cloth is made to our own exacting specifications which call for long staple cotton, double carded yarns, specially prepared warp threads in the ply of woolen cloth, all of which then must be cemented or glued. This requires a fineness of skill and technique that can only come through accumulated experience.
We manufacture all kinds of flexible card clothing for the spinning and fiber arts community...
- Fancy fillets in various foundations
- Stripper with diamond points
- Fillets for woolen cards and worsted spinning machines
- Brushing fillets in various foundations
- Round and profile wire bright, tinned or inox
- Sheepskin fillets
- Cleaning fillets for cotton cards
- Raising fillets for all processes
- Cleaning sheets for raising rollers
- Mounting and grinding of raising rollers
- Mounting of flexible fillets on rollers
- Cleaning card sheets and cleaning cardholders of aluminum
- Pipe cleaning fillet; Fish fillet
- Extra hardened points for all types of fillets
- Special backing for all types of fillets
- Fillets and sheets for the home spinning market (handcards, drumcards)